Comparison of Character Sets
This page shows the character sets ordered by frequency.
- Regular Characters
- This character set purposely differs from traditional use of Nom. Phonetic loans are reduced and more meaningful characters than in traditional Nom texts are used.
- This character set is more in line with characers found in traditional Nom usage and therefore contains many phonetic loans and abbreviated characters.
The character sets are based on the following documents:
- Tale of Kieu, in different versions from 1866, 1870, 1871, 1872, and 1902
- Nhật Dụng Thường Đàm, a dictionary by Phạm Đình Hồ, beginning 19th century
- Lục Văn Tiên, by Nguyễn Đình Chiểu, 19th century
- Chinh Phụ Nghâm Khúc, by Đặng Trần Côn, 18th century
- The Poems of Hồ Xuân Hương, 18th century
Unicode Extension B or C
Phonetic Loan (but rare, phonetic, or similar)